WELCOME to the Osage Nation
- TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families),
- GA (General Assistance) and
- FHA (Financial Hardship Assistance)
TANF/GA/FHA MAIN NUMBER: 918-287-5325
Fax Number: 918-287-5593
FHA Direct: 918-287-5327
Our office is located in the Osage Nation Industrial Park, 86 CR 5400, Hominy, OK.
Our mailing address is: P.O. Box 522 Hominy, OK. 74035
The Osage TANF program is dedicated to supporting TANF clients in breaking the cycle of welfare dependency by assisting our clients in identifying and overcoming employment barriers and by promoting personal responsibility experiences that will move the client toward self-sufficiency.
The Osage TANF program mission is to:
Provide welfare related services to needy Native American families who reside within the Osage Tribal service area (Osage Indian Reservation).
Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) was established as part of the Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Reconciliation Act of 1996. A provision in the Act allowed Tribes to administer the Program. TANF replaced Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC). Osage Nation was the first Tribe in Oklahoma to administer a Tribal TANF Program.
TANF Eligibility Requirements:
- Be a member of a federally recognized tribe and possess a CDIB
- Have children in the home under the age of 19 (if child is enrolled in school).
- Have little to no income and meet the TANF income criteria
- Reside with the boundaries of the Osage Nation Reservation
- Willing to seek & accept employment and meet required work participation
- Must be willing to file child support against the absent parent
(Further details on TANF requirements are listed in the Information section of our webpage).
***Please see our INFORMATION page for further information regarding:
GENERAL ASSISTANCE (GA) and
FINANCIAL HARDSHIP ASSISTANCE (FHA)