December 06, 2012
OFFICE OF STRATEGIC PLANNING AND GRANTS MANAGEMENT
Seven Osage County community organizations have been awarded matching grants worth a total of $126,493.00.
The Community Challenge Grant is a matching grant encouraging the development of facilities located within the physical boundaries of the Osage Nation for use by Osage Reservation youth to promote an active lifestyle, to prevent diabetes and other diseases, and to support the growth of our communities within the Osage Nation.
The projects include:
• Pawhuska High School Football awarded $25,000. Project will be renovation of stadium that will include handicap accessible bathrooms, concession stand, and new sound system.
• Hominy Public Schools awarded $9,500. Project will be purchase of new playground equipment for Early Childhood Center.
• Kah-Wah-C Country Club, Inc. Awarded $14,893. Project will be new water system for golf course.
• Pawhuska Quarterback Club (Parent Volunteer Organization) awarded $25,000. Project will be new plumbing, new lockers, and new drywall for High School Locker room.
• Bowring Public Schools awarded $25,000 for purchase of new playground equipment.
• Town of Skiatook awarded $25,000 for new building for youth sports complex.
• Wynona Summer League awarded $2,100. Project will be improvement of City Park.
Total for awards: $126,493.00