June 28, 2011
· Where legal, use fireworks outdoors and in a safe area away from fields, grassy areas and buildings.
· Use fireworks in parking lots, driveways and gravel or dirt areas.
· Keep a bucket of water, wet towel, or a garden hose hooked to a water supply nearby to quench small firesq.
· Follow instructions carefully and use with close adult supervision.
· Do not discard fireworks from moving vehicles.
· Let fireworks cool, and then soak them in water before disposing of debris.
· Use only fireworks that are approved.
- Never re-light a "dud" firework, or one which has not detonated (wait 15 to 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water).
- Never throw or point fireworks at other people.